- In game one Salem's Miranda Baker, Madison Thomas and Stephanie Galioto each earned themselves an RBI.
- There was not much action in the batter's box for both teams until Salem scored their two runs in the bottom of the 4th inning.
- Sophomore pitcher, Miranda Barker pulled put the win in the circle only allowing 3 hits and recording 3 strikeouts.
- The first inning of game two was an eventful one. Salem couldn't obtain 3 outs until Methodist already put up 6 runs on the board.
- First-year, Brianne Coleman hit a double her first at-bat to bring in Miranda Barker, Hannah Thompson, and Amanda Dacunto. She then went on to hit a home run in the bottom of the 3rd.
- Katie Bilbrey also hit a double and Hannah Thompson recorded 2 RBI's.
WINSTON-SALEM, NC — Salem College softball started strong, shutting out the Methodist Monarchs 3-0, but a strong first-inning by Methodist cost the Spirits game two of the doubleheader 10-6.
The split brought the Spirits to a fifth place in the East Division, with the first round on Friday, April 19.
In game one, the Spirits only allowed three hits, with sophomore pitcher Miranda Barker recording three strikeouts. The Spirits scored two of their three runs from a sacrifice fly.
In game two, the Monarchs had scored six runs before Salem could get the final out, but the Spirits immediately cut the deficit to 6-3 with a three-RBI double from Brianne Coleman.
Each team scored another two runs in the second inning, but the Monarchs added another two in the fifth bringing the final score to 10-6.
The Salem Spirits will appear next on Friday, April 19 in the first round.